The Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS)*, is a non-profit organization, established in 1954 by the Bar Association of Baltimore City.
We realize that the legal process can sometimes be overwhelming and intimidating. Our service offers confidential, personal and hands-on assistance.
Through our legal hotline, we can offer you:
- Referrals to Qualified Private Attorneys
- General Legal Information and Answers
- Referrals to Alternative Resources and Programs
- Reduced Fee Services to the Low-Income
- Reduced Fee Services to the Elderly (City Residents Only)
Our staff, with over twenty-years of experience, is answering your calls to personally assess your situation to determine the best cause of action for assistance.
We are certified and receive national accreditation by the American Bar Association.
*Disclaimer: LRIS’ website is designed to provide general information to the public and is not intended to offer legal advice. Contacting LRIS does not create an attorney-client relationship. If your legal problem is an emergency, you should consult an attorney immediately.